Many of Xiaomi users may not know the function of fastboot mode. Some even think that their smartphone has problems when it enters fastboot mode and appears “writing fastboot with Android logo under repair”. Then what is fastboot mode on Xiaomi phones? and can i get out of the fastboot mode? To know what fastboot mode is, you can see the full explanation below.
What is fastboot?
Fastboot is part of the Android bootloader; serves as a program used to connect a computer / PC with an Android phone. In another sense, fastboot is used as a communication protocol between computers and Android phones, both hardware and software. Android phone vendors, such as Xiaomi added a fastboot mode to maximize users in changing or repairing cellphones when something goes wrong.
This is a small part of the Android SDK (Software Development Kit), which is used as an alternative recovery mode for system installations and updates. In fact, not all Android phones provide fastboot mode, only some phones that have unlocked the bootloader are given permission to access fastboot mode such as Google Pixel, Xiaomi, and also Samsung. Because of its closed nature and rarely used, many ordinary Android users do not know the function of fastboot mode on their cellphones.
What causes the phone to enter fastboot mode?
Then what causes me to enter Xiaomi fastboot mode? It is possible that you have accidentally pressed the button Power + Volume Down when the new cellphone is turned on, so you have indirectly entered fastboot mode. But there is another possibility that causes the Xiaomi phone to enter fastboot mode even though it doesn’t press the button Volume Down at all, here are the possibilities:
- Android ROM / Firmware (MIUI) failed to load until switched to fastboot mode.
- Failed to update new ROM or MIUI.
- Failed to access rooting.
- The flashing process fails or stops midway.
- Problems charging the phone.
See Also: 12 Ways to Overcome Applications Keep Stopping on Xiaomi Phones
How to exit Xiaomi fastboot mode
Accidental Xiaomi users who enter fastboot mode often occur, both for Xiaomi Redmi NOTE 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, and even the newest users. To get out of this mode is very easy, take a look and follow some of the tips below.
Exit fastboot mode with physical keys
The first way, you can easily exit fastboot mode by turning off your phone or restarting your Xiaomi phone. There is no special way you need to do to get out of fastboot mode, you just have to restart the phone by pressing the button Powerhere are the steps:
- First step, press button Power for a while until your Xiaomi cellphone restarts or reboots.
- After that, the MI logo from Xiaomi will appear, you just have to wait until your Xiaomi cellphone returns to the main menu.
Alternatively, you can also use the key combination Power + Volume Downhere’s how to do it:
- While in fastboot mode, press the button Power + Volume Down for a few moments.
- After that, the Xiaomi cellphone will restart and the MI logo from Xiaomi will appear.
- You just have to wait until your Xiaomi cellphone returns to the main menu.
Run CMD command via computer
The next way is to use the fastboot command via CMD (Command Prompt) via a computer / laptop with the help of software ADB Fastboot. Actually this method is mostly used for debugging the Android system, who likes to oprek or modify the Android system. But you can also use it just for flashing, enter fastboot mode, or exit fastboot mode. Check out the explanation and steps below.
- Prepare a good quality USB cable (which detects HP on the computer / laptop).
- Computer / laptop with at least Windows 7 OS.
- The Xiaomi cellphone has enabled USB debugging (if not, you can’t follow this method).
- Connect your Xiaomi cellphone to a computer / laptop with USB.
- Make sure the Xiaomi cellphone is well connected.
- Go to Local Disk C, in the folder C:\adb
- Press the button SHIFT + Right click in the empty folder, click “Open command Windows here”.
- Type command “fastboot devices” » then press Enter to make sure the Xiaomi cellphone is connected.
- Then type the command “fastboot reboot” » then press Enter to exit fastboot mode.
- The Xiaomi cellphone will restart automatically and return to the main menu.
Removing the phone battery
If the Xiaomi cellphone you are using is an old type, which doesn’t use a built-in battery (removable), then you can remove the battery to exit fastboot mode. After that, you can plug it back in and turn it on as usual by pressing the button Power. That way, you have exited fastboot mode and returned to the main menu of the Xiaomi phone.
Then what about Xiaomi cellphones that already use embedded (non-removable) batteries? You can also do this with the built-in battery, but it’s not recommended. Because you have to remove the phone case first then disconnect the power from the battery connector for a few moments, then put it back in. After that, you put the phone case back on, then press the button Power to turn on the phone.
I think for phones that already use a built-in battery, this method is actually more inconvenient, you should try the first method or the second method.
See Also: 9 Ways to Overcome Forgot Pattern / PIN for Xiaomi HP
Those are some ways you can do to get out of fastboot mode on Xiaomi phones. If you experience a condition where fastboot occurs repeatedly, then chances are your Xiaomi cellphone is experiencing a bootloop. How to fix it can be by resetting or re-flashing your Xiaomi cellphone. But rarely in a hurry, you can see the tips and full explanation here.
The above tips you can do on all Xiaomi phones such as Xiaomi Mi4s, Mi4c, Mi4i, Mi4, Redmi 1S, Mi3, Redmi NOTE, NOTE 2, NOTE 3, Redmi NOTE 4, NOTE 4X, NOTE 4 Pro, Xiaomi Redmi 2, Redmi 4, Redmi 4A, Xiaomi Redmi NOTE 4, 4 Pro, Redmi NOTE 5A, Xiaomi Mi NOTE, Mi NOTE Pro, Redmi Note 5, Redmi Note 6, Redmi Note 7, Redmi Note 8, Redmi Note 9, Redmi Note 10, and many more. If there is a slight difference, then you just have to adjust it.
If there is something you need to ask or convey, please write in the comments column below. Thank you and good luck!
Fastboot serves as a communication protocol that connects Xiaomi phones with computers/PCs.
No, fastboot mode is harmless.
No, fastboot mode will not lose data.
Writer : Rudi Dian Arifin | Editor : Revelation Faithful NCO